Businesses rely heavily on digital marketing methods to reach the target audience and increase brand awareness. They need professionals to manage their marketing campaigns and generate desirable results. No wonder that digital marketing offers endless opportunities for aspirants who want to make a career in this industry.
The demand for ninjas who can explore the digital space and make the best of it is on the rise. Moreover, companies are ready to pay handsome salary packages to deserving and skilled candidates. Hence, the average digital marketing manager salary in India has increased.
If you wish to be part of this booming and fast-paced industry, then you have landed at the right place. In this blog, we have discussed digital marketing earnings based on different job roles.
Factors Affecting the Salary of a Digital Marketer in India
Digital marketing jobs pay in India varies according to multiple interconnected factors. We have shared a few such factors below that may affect your pay as you apply for the job.
1. Size of the company
The most critical factor that impacts the salary of a digital marketer is the size of the company. A startup or small company might offer a lower salary package than MNCs, even to experienced candidates. So, it’s better to be wise when choosing the company you want to work with. The bigger the company, the higher the digital marketing executive salary would be.
Most digital marketing jobs allow remote setup. There are many freelancers as well, managing multiple clients at once and earning impressive compensation. However, the location of the company plays a major role in what clients and employers are ready to pay digital marketers, which affects the average digital marketer salary in India.
A person would make $1000 per month, but in the USA, that same person can make up to $7000 per month for the same role. Even when we talk about the same country, the pay can vary depending on the city. Companies in metro cities, such as Bangalore, Mumbai, and Delhi, pay more than companies in small cities.
We need not mention that with more experience in the industry, you can climb up higher in the field. You will handle more responsibilities, manage a team, and get a salary hike. So, even if you begin with a low compensation, focus on honing your skills and learning as much as possible because it’s your prowess that will matter in the end.
Upskill Yourself With Live Training (Book Free Class)
|Suggested Courses for You
|Book Live Class for FREE!
|Digital Marketing Course
|Google Ads Course
|Facebook Ads Course
Skillsets make you credible and a top candidate for recruiters. Companies want results and numbers, and if you can deliver them what they expect, you can make a lucrative career in no time. For this, you need the right skillsets to generate the desired results, be it as a full-time employee or freelancer.
Your resume must highlight different skill sets and certifications that validate your capabilities. If employers see you as a valuable asset, it can pave the way for endless opportunities for you.
5. Job Title
The higher your position in the team is, the higher you will be paid. The salary of digital marketing manager in India is higher than that of an executive. Also, if a digital marketing professional can perform different tasks and lead a team, they can earn way more than other team members, even as a freelancer. However, you need to have a proven track record and enough experience.
Digital marketing heavily relies on a result-oriented approach. Unlike traditional marketing, progress and results can be measured easily in digital marketing. Hence, companies set KPIs and track the results consistently to assess the success and effectiveness of marketing campaigns. So, if a professional can not give the expected results to clients or employers, they won’t be earning much.
Digital Marketer Average Salary in India- Based on Job Roles
According to data collected from Glassdoor, Naukri, and PayScale, the average digital marketing income in India is INR 8,09,777 for candidates with 4.8 years of experience. The salary can vary depending on qualification, certification, industry, city, and experience. Also, a job role can make a huge difference in the compensation. We have shared tentative average salaries for the top digital marketing roles in India. Have a look:
1. Digital Marketing Manager
Digital marketers have knowledge of analytics to monitor multiple marketing campaigns simultaneously. With enough experience and expertise, digital marketing executives can achieve the position of digital marketing managers and earn impressive salaries. They receive one of the highest salaries in digital marketing roles. With strong leadership skills and updated knowledge of trends, they can lead teams and manage multiple projects.
Digital Marketing Manager Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Expertise in different digital marketing functions, such as content, SEO, social media, email, and PPC.
- Design and execute different digital marketing strategies to boost brand awareness and increase sales.
- Drive organic traffic to the website.
- Launch paid ad campaigns to attract more potential buyers.
- Mark brand presence across different social media platforms.
- Manage budgets and paid campaigns for every month and quarter.
- Proficiency in performance marketing is a must.
- Stay updated with market insights and trends, and optimize budgets based on insights.
- Track and measure the performance of all marketing campaigns and analyze results against the goals.
Average Digital Marketer Salary in India
The salary of a digital marketer/ marketing manager can vary based on city, experience, and industry.
- Fresher: INR 4 LPA
- Mid-level: INR 5-8 LPA
- Senior-level: INR 10-15 LPA or more
2. Pay Per Click (PPC) Analyst
PPC analysts, or SEM analysts, manage and optimize paid ad campaigns on search engines and other platforms. They are adept at reaping profits by ensuring higher returns on investment. When companies want to go beyond organic results, they try paid ads and hire PPC experts to handle their campaigns.
They want professionals who have a thorough knowledge of campaign creation and understand the psychology behind consumer behavior to get more clicks on the ad.
PPC Analyst’s Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Managing paid campaigns on search engines and other networks.
- Possesses technical and analytical skills and uses different tools for tracking and measuring results.
- Manage ads on social media platforms, such as Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Bid on relevant keywords, monitor the budget and improve quality score.
The Average Digital Marketing Pay for PPC Analysts
PPC experts are involved in budget management, which adds to their massive demands. Recruiters are ready to pay attractive salary packages to deserving candidates. If you want to make a career as a PPC analyst, take up our Google Ads Course to build key skills and gain hands-on experience.
- Fresher: INR 2.5 LPA
- Mid-level: INR 6 LPA
- Senior-level: INR 10 LPA or more
3. Social Media Marketer
Social media platforms have become a common way for people to interact with each other. Many brands prefer creating social media accounts even before building their business websites or apps. Companies rely on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn to grow their business and improve online presence. Also, these channels engage users and increase website traffic.
Businesses hire social media marketers to stay relevant in the digital world. These professionals handle the company’s profiles and leverage their knowledge to attract more users. They possess knowledge of a variety of SMM tools, including Buzzsumo, Hootsuite, and Buffer. A skilled social media marketer/manager can earn as much as the salary for digital marketing specialist.
Social Media Marketer Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Designing and executing social media marketing campaigns across different platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Curate engaging content to reach a wider section of the audience.
- Expand brand presence by monitoring competitors’ social media accounts.
- Answer questions, address feedback, and reply to comments by users on social media.
- Maintain brand consistency and work with designers and content writers.
- Implement strategies to encourage customer reviews and ratings.
- Guide the team about the best social media marketing practices.
- Track user engagement and performance of campaigns, measure results, and take appropriate actions.
The Average Salary of a Social Media Marketer
Social media marketers earn equally to PPC experts, at least in most cases. Their salaries can also change according to the output they can generate and their past performance. They need good communication skills, a positive attitude, and a good sense of humor to engage users and make their brands stand out.
- Fresher: INR 3.5- 5 LPA
- Mid-level: INR 6-7 LPA
- Senior-level: INR 9-12 LPA
Interview Questions for You to Prepare for Jobs
|SEO Interview Questions
|Power BI Interview Questions
|Digital Marketing Interview Questions
|Email Marketing Interview Questions
|Flutter Interview Questions
|Content Writing Interview Questions
|NodeJS Interview Questions
4. SEO Specialist
SEO is the most crucial part of any digital marketing strategy. A customer-driven SEO campaign combined with intentional marketing can generate long-term, quality, and organic traffic to a website. SEO specialists must be well-versed in using different tools and technologies, such as Google Analytics, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Search Console, etc.
They usually have a higher digital marketing specialist salary than other job roles in the field.
Moreover, they must have expertise in the search engine ranking algorithm and stay updated with current trends. They identify relevant keywords, optimize websites for better engagement, and secure higher rankings on SERPs.
SEO Executive/ Analyst Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify relevant keywords and create content around them for higher search engine ranking.
- A fair understanding of technical SEO to enhance user experience and comply with the guidelines of search engines.
- Use different optimization tools for better website performance.
The Average Salary of SEO Specialists
The average salaries of SEO experts may vary based on their experience, knowledge, and other factors. A beginner may earn a low salary, but with more experience and expertise, it can scale up rapidly. A manager-level professional with a proven record of business growth and exceptional results can earn INR 15 LPA or more.
- Fresher: INR 3-4 LPA
- Mid-level: INR 5-9 LPA
- Manager-level: INR 10-15 LPA
5. Content Marketer
Companies are embracing content marketing to attract potential customers and engage the audience. Content marketers curate different types of content, such as newsletters, blogs, videos, podcasts, copies, etc., to share product information and connect with the readers. They also ensure customer engagement and improved brand awareness.
Whether they’re content writers, content managers, or content strategists, they need to have a fair understanding of SEO and oversee different aspects of content marketing. Earlier, an SEO expert would handle this role, but with the ever-rising popularity of content on the internet, this job demands a dedicated content specialist.
A proficient and committed content writer can earn an impressive digital marketing average salary in India and make a promising career as a freelancer or copywriter.
Content Marketer Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Composing content and optimizing it according to SEO guidelines to achieve marketing goals.
- Raising brand awareness, increasing conversion rates, and increasing website traffic through well-researched and well-written content.
- Distribute content through different online channels and social media platforms.
- Oversee all the marketing efforts and initiatives for better customer engagement and experience.
The Average Salary of Content Marketers
A content marketer earns as much as an SEO expert. However, content strategists earn more than SEO executives as they handle both job roles.
- Fresher: INR 3-5 LPA
- Mid-level: INR 5-8 LPA
- Senior-level: INR 10.5 LPA or more.
6. Email Marketing Specialist
Email marketing experts create and launch promotional campaigns via emails. They maintain customer databases and send newsletters regularly to build customer loyalty and maintain long-term relationships with the users.
Email Marketer Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Increasing the number of subscribers.
- Identifying the target audience to increase the email list.
- Creating email copies and generating email templates for smartphones.
- Create email campaigns and execute them.
- Ensuring accurate and prompt emails.
- Monitor the performance of campaigns and take corrective measures for better results.
The Average Salary of Email Marketers
As they handle one of the key components of digital marketing, they earn a high digital marketing salary in India per month. The average salary of an email marketer is between INR 4 and 12 LPA, depending on experience and company size.
7. Marketing Automation Specialists
These professionals manage the automation platform and enhance its capabilities. Moreover, they are responsible for developing marketing strategies to make promotional campaigns more effective. These specialists coordinate with developers, project managers, and designers.
Starting Salary of Digital Marketing in India- Marketing Automation Specialist
- Freshers: INR 4-5 LPA
- Mid-level: INR 6-8 LPA
- Senior-level: INR 10 LPA or more.
How to Research and Know Digital Marketing Salary?
1. Use Salary Surveys and Reports:
- Look for salary surveys specific to digital marketing roles in India.
- Industry reports from reputable sources can provide insights into average salaries for digital marketing positions.
2. Online Salary Tools:
Websites like Glassdoor, PayScale, and LinkedIn Salary offer tools to see what others in your role and location are earning.
3. Network with Industry Professionals:
Engage in conversations with peers and mentors in the digital marketing field. Attend industry meetups, webinars, and conferences to gather insights on salary ranges.
4. Consider the Cost of Living:
Digital marketing salaries may vary significantly based on the city or region. Factor in the cost of living in your area when benchmarking salaries.
5. Evaluate Skill Demand:
Certain skills might be in higher demand, leading to potentially higher salary in digital marketing. Stay informed about the most sought-after skills in digital marketing.
Tips to Negotiate Digital Marketing Salary in India
1. Understand Your Value:
Assess your skills, experiences, and achievements. Be ready to articulate how they align with the needs of the role and add value to the company.
2. Be Prepared with Data:
Enter negotiations with the data you’ve gathered. Presenting industry-standard salaries supports your request with objective information.
3. Consider the Entire Compensation Package:
Look beyond base salary in digital marketing. Benefits, work-life balance, career growth opportunities, and other perks can be equally important.
4. Practice Your Pitch:
Rehearse your negotiation conversation. Be clear and confident in articulating your request.
5. Don’t Accept the First Offer Immediately:
If an initial offer is made, it’s often beneficial to take a short time to consider it. This also gives you an opportunity to prepare a counteroffer if necessary.
6. Be Professional and Positive:
Approach the negotiation in a collaborative manner. Maintain a professional and positive attitude, even if the negotiation becomes challenging.
7. Be Ready to Explain Why You Deserve It:
Be prepared to discuss your accomplishments and how they’ve benefited your current or previous employers.
8. Know Your Walk-Away Point:
Decide in advance the minimum offer you’re willing to accept. This helps in making decisions under pressure.
9. Consider Timing for Salary Raises:
Timing can be key when asking for a raise. Align your request with performance reviews or after the successful completion of a significant project.
Free Courses for You
|Google Tag Manager Course
|Affiliate Marketing Course
|Video Editing Course
|Email Marketing Course
We can conclude that digital marketing is here to stay, and so are the digital marketing jobs. The demand for competent digital marketers will only soar in the coming years, and the digital marketer average salary will know no limits. If you have knowledge and skills, you can make a successful year in the field and grow by leaps and bounds.
To learn digital marketing from industry leaders and gain hands-on experience before kickstarting your career, sign up for WsCube Tech’s digital marketing course now. You can learn from the convenience of your home and build skills that will make you career-ready.
Read more blogs