1. What is the difference between HTML and HTML5 ?
HTML5 is nothing more then upgraded version of HTML where in HTML5 Lot of new future like Video, Audio/mp3, date select function , placeholder , Canvas, 2D/3D Graphics, Local SQL Database added so that no need to do external plugin like Flash player or other library
2. What is the ? Is it necessary to use in HTML5 ?
The is an instruction to the web browser about what version of HTML the page is written in. AND The tag does not have an end tag and It is not case sensitive.
The declaration must be the very first thing in HTML5 document, before the tag. As In HTML 4.01, all declarations require a reference to a Document Type Definition (DTD), because HTML 4.01 was based on Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML). WHERE AS HTML5 is not based on SGML, and therefore does not require a reference to a Document Type Definition (DTD).
3. How many New Markup Elements you know in HTML5
Below are the New Markup Elements added in HTML5
Specifies independent, self-contained content, could be a news-article, blog post, forum post,
or other articles which can be distributed independently from the rest of the site.
4. What are the New Media Elements in HTML5? is canvas element used in HTML5
Below are the New Media Elements have added in HTML5
5. Do you know New Input Type Attribute in HTML5
we can use below new input type Attribute in HTML5
tel The input is of type telephone number
search The input field is a search field
url a URL
email One or more email addresses
datetime A date and/or time
date A date
month A month
week A week
time The input value is of type time
datetime-local A local date/time
number A number
range A number in a given range
color A hexadecimal color, like #82345c
placeholder Specifies a short hint that describes the expected value of an input field
6. What is the use of localStorage in HTML5?
Before HTML5 LocalStores was done with cookies. Cookies are not very good for large amounts of data, because they are passed on by every request to the server, so it was very slow and in-effective.
In HTML5, the data is NOT passed on by every server request, but used ONLY when asked for. It is possible to store large amounts of data without affecting the website’s performance.and The data is stored in different areas for different websites, and a website can only access data stored by itself.
And for creating localstores just need to call localStorage object like below we are storing name and address
7. What is the sessionStorage Object in html5 ? How to create and access?
The sessionStorage object stores the data for one session. The data is deleted when the user closes the browser window. like below we can create and access a sessionStorage here we created “name” as session
8. What the use of Canvas Element in HTML5?
9. What is the difference between HTMl5 Application cache and regular HTML browser cache?
10. What ate the new APIS provided by the HTML5 standard? Give a description of each.
• Timed media playback
• Offline storage database
• Document editing
• Cross-document messaging
• Browser history management
• MIME type and protocol handler registration